Panayotis has been the Managing Partner of the Firm since 1984. His active, broad-based commercial practice incorporates 35 years of experience in transactional, advisory and litigation work. He is Head of the Real Estate, Tax and Project Finance & PPPs departments.
a mastermind ... one of the most knowledgeable and insightful lawyers in Greece
Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2019
a highly regarded figure in the corporate and transactional arena ... sources laud his market-leading experience and knowledge ... enjoys an excellent reputation, and clients benefit from his long-standing experience in the field ... advises on complex mandates
Chambers Europe 2019
excellent business acumen and vast experience in corporate matters
The IFLR 1000 2019
excellent, experienced lawyer
Benchmark Litigation 2019
very experienced individual who is extremely hard-working and very knowledgeable ... enjoys an outstanding reputation for privatisation transactions and real estate portfolio investments
Chambers Global 2018
Panayotis is an authority in EU, competition and antitrust law and has represented clients in prominent cartel cases before the Hellenic Competition Commission. He is a senior litigator, with vast experience in all types of dispute resolution, and represents clients in complex, high stake civil and administrative actions before the high courts and arbitration boards. He has also acted as arbitrator at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Panayotis is an expert in concession projects and privatisations, with an unsurpassed track record of playing a key role in many of the pioneering, ground breaking transactions to have taken place in Greece. He advises extensively on major renewable and conventional energy and infrastructure projects and investments in energy property development companies. His real estate practice is focused on large scale developments and real property asset portfolio investments.
Within the framework of his private practice, Panayotis has acted on a number of occasions as advisor to the Government on European Union, State Aids and Privatisation issues. He also advises companies and individuals on complex tax structuring and wealth planning matters and has acted extensively in high stakes tax controversies.
Panayotis has been widely published in legal journals, books and other publications in his areas of expertise. He is a participant in the annual Forum on International Wealth Disputes.
- Associate Professor of International Economic Law, the Law of International Business Transactions and European Community Law, University of Thrace, 1983-2007
- External Counsel to the Ministry of National Economy on the Privatisation of State-Owned Enterprises (National Telecommunications Organisation (OTE) and Refineries), 1991-93
- Counsel to the Minister of National Economy on Illegal State Aids and Privatisation Issues, 1990-91
- Secretary General of the Hellenic Centre for European Studies, 1990-93
- Counsel to the Hellenic Banking Association, 1980-90
- Counsel to the Prime Minister on EC Matters, 1989-90
- Counsel to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, 1989-90
- Counsel to the Greek Commissioner for Common Market Transport Matters, 1983-84
- Special Secretary for Public Investments, Regional Policy and Integrated Mediterranean Programmes at the Ministry of National Economy, 1989
- Advisor to the Ministry of National Economy during the negotiations for Greece’s Accession to the European Community
- Authorised to appear before the European Patent Office
- Can the Deterioration in the Greek Educational System be Reversed? (Some Unconventional Thoughts), at the Delphi Economic Forum, 2019
- Coordinator of the Enforcement, Judicial Review and ADR panel, at Nomiki Bibliothiki’s 3rd Competition Law Conference, Competition Law: Bringing Order in a Jungle
- Member of the Panel on Public Policy Reform, at the Delphi Economic Forum, 2018
- Institutions as a Fundamental Cause of Long-Run Growth, at the Delphi Economic Forum, 2017
- Privatisations: Today’s Experience as a Guide for Tomorrow’s Reforms, at the Legal & Business Challenges in Today’s Greece conference organised by the Greek Law Digest, 2017
- Restructuring the Greek Banking Sector: State Aid and Merger Control Issues, at the Competition Law: Planning Ahead Session at the Balkan Legal Forum conference, 2014
- Member of the Panel on Policy Drivers for Greece’s Investment Landscape Panel at the Global Capital Forum Conference, 2014
- Presentation of Legal Issues Surrounding PPPs, at the Seminar held by the Special Secretariat of PPP entitled Working Together for Development of the Economy, 2014
- The Resolution of Administrative Differences in the Context of the Implementation of State and Private Contracts and Projects, at the Seminar held by the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises 2014
- Restructuring the Greek Banking Sector, at the Balkan Legal Forum 2014, Competition Law: Planning Ahead Session
- Legal Aspects and Proposals for the Acceleration of Privatisation Procedures for PPPs and Concession Contracts in Greece, at the Sino-Greek Business Conference, 2012
- Hurdles to Investing in Greece and the Development and Encouragement of Foreign Investment, at the Megaron Plus Conference, 2011